National memory Council of India under the dynamic Leadership of Squadron Leader Jayasimha had taken up the initiative of promoting the Memory Sports in India. This year – 2017, we are expecting Maximum participation of the Memory Athletes on 15th October, 2017, Sunday in Hyderabad. Many athletes want to know the various events, the scoring pattern and how to go about practicing. From now onwards, Squadron Leader Jayasimha will clearly explain about these Memory sports, disciplines and the scoring pattern in different write ups every day.
The event is going to start at 8 am on 15th October and for the first time, we are going to have a dinner night along with the award ceremony.
Date : 15 October 2017, Sunday
Time : 08.00 am to 09.00 pm
Venue : Hyderabad (Exact venue will be intimated for those registered participants)
Location : Hyderabad
Event Closing Ceremony : 6:00 pm
Dinner Night : 08.00 pm
Estimated Participation : 200 Participants from all over India
Estimated Turnout for the closing Ceremony : 300 including Audience
Competition Events Schedule
15 Oct 2017, Sunday
One Day Memory Competition
The Indian National Open Memory Championship 2017 is competitions are run over a one day format. The disciplines listed below are in the order of the official scoring spreadsheet
|8:00 – 9:00||Welcome, General Briefing, Overview, ContestDetails, Guidelines and questions & Answers||1 Hour|
|9:15 – 9:30||1. Memorising Random Words||5 Min||10 Min|
|9:30 – 9:45||Break|
|9:45 – 10:00||2. Memorising Binary Numbers||5 Min||10 Min|
|10:00 – 10:10||Break|
|10:10 – 10:25||3. Memorising Names and Faces||5 Min||10 Min|
|10:25 – 10:35||Break|
|10:35 – 12:20||4. Random Numbers||15 Min||30 Min|
|12:20 – 12:30||Break|
|12:30 – 13:10||5. Random Cards||10 Min||30 Min|
|13:10 – 14:00||Lunch Break and Results 1- 5 Disciplines|
|14:00 – 14:15||Post Lunch Assembly – Getting Ready – Phase II|
|14:15 – 14:30||6. Speed Numbers||5 Min||10 Min|
|14:30 – 14:40||Break|
|14:40 – 15:25||7. Memorising Abstract Images||15 Min||30 Min|
|15:25 – 15:35||Break|
|15:35 – 15:50||8. Historic/Future Dates and Events||5 Min||10 Min|
|15:50 – 16:00||Break|
|16:00 – 16:30||9. Memorising Spoken Numbers||100 Sec 300 Sec||5 Min 15 Min|
|16:30 – 16:40||Break|
|16:40 – 17:00||10. Speed Cards||5 Min 5 Min||5 Min 5 Min|
|17:00||END OF COMPETITION|
|18:00 – 21:00||Declaration of Results, Prize Distribution, Speeches by the Chief Guest and the Guests of Honour, followed by Dinner Night|
- The Winner of National Memory Championship-2017 is declared on the basis of maximum points scored by the contestants after the completion of all the ten memorizing events.
- The Winner of the National Memory Championship will be awarded the title, “Indian National Memory Champion -2017”
- The Winner will be awarded prize money of Rs 1,00,000/- , the first Runner Up Rs 50,000/- and the Second Runner up Rs 25,000/- prize money besides being given National Memory Champion Trophy 2017, 1st Runner up Trophy, 2nd Runner Up Trophy.
- Medals will be awarded to the contestants who stand 4th to 10th in the Points list.
- Medals also will be awarded to all the toppers who score highest points in each of the ten memorizing events.
- Certificate of Participation in National Memory Championship -2017 will be awarded to all the contestants.
Click here to read further starting from the various disciplines of the Memory Championships
National Memory Council of India official website
Click the article below to read further starting from the various disciplines of the Memory Championships :